What is The Story Collider?
The Story Collider was founded in 2010 by Ben Lillie and Brian Wecht, two physicists who met at a storytelling show in Queens and quickly realized that they could do that too. Since then, The Story Collider has been bringing true, personal stories about science to life both through our many live shows as well as our weekly podcast, and we've used what we've learned about science and stories to teach scientists to use narrative in our university and corporate workshop program.
We believe that, now, more than ever, science is a part of everyone's life. At The Story Collider, you'll hear from scientists about all the times things went wrong, and occasionally right, in their labs, but you'll also hear from people who haven't had a formal connection to science since high school. We have physicists, comedians, neuroscientists, writers, actors, doctors, and many, many more telling their story. Some are heartbreaking; some are hilarious. They're all true, and all, in one way or another, are about science.
Find out more
- Our flagship show, hosted by Ben Lillie and Erin Barker, happens monthly in NYC, regularly in Boston, and frequently in various other cities in the US and (soon) the UK. For a list of upcoming events, see our shows page >>
- To hear over 250 stories, go to our podcast page or subscribe on any podcasting service >>
- To pitch a story you'd like to tell at one of our live shows, see our submissions guidelines >>
- To find out more about our university and corporate storytelling training, or for inquiries about sponsorships and other opportunities, email us >>
- We're a 501(c)3. If you love what we do and want to help keep us going, see our donate page >>
- To find out when new shows are happening you can subscribe to our mailing list, follow us on Twitter, or like us on Facebook >>